Unable to migrate computers with ADMT account... (user rights problem)
Posted on 2007-08-07
I am using ADMT V3.0 to migrate a single NT4 domain (DomainS) to a single AD forest/domain (DomainT).
The migration of users, groups, and local profiles is working very well.
I have a problem with the computer migration (clients are running Win XP SP2).
- The ADMT is installed on a Windows Server 2003 SP2 (member server on DomainT)
- I am using the following account: "DomainS\admt"
- "DomainS\admt" is a memeber of
* "DomainS\Domain Admins" global group,
* "DomainT\administrators" local domain group
* local administartor on the server running ADMT
- I also set Full permission to the DomainS\admt" account on the target OU in DomainT.
The Admt application is running under "DomainS\admt" account.
When I try to migrate an XP workstation, I get the following error messages:
ERR2:7816 Impossible to determine if the source object '.... /MyPC$, user'match with an object in the target forest or domain
ERR2:7301 The migration of the source object '.... /MyPC$, user' has failed. The target objet was no created. hr=0x80070006
(translated from french)
It sounds like the DomainS\admt" account has not enough rights on the target domain. But I don't know how to proceed. If I launch the ADMT application with the the DomainT\Administrator, then I don't have the Administrator rights on the users workstations.
Thanks in advance,