I have been working on this app for a while now, using the Publish option within VB 2005 to create the setup files and until now this has worked perfectly.
Environment is VB 2005, SQL 2005, Vista and I repeat until this morning, everything was great.
When I now compile (publish) my setup files creates an error:
Application Validation did not succeed. Unable to continue
I am pasting this from the details provided in the error message which is:
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of D:\IDT\IDT.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ File, IDT.exe.config, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.
COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.
There were no warnings during this operation.
OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [2007/08/10 06:04:35 PM] : Activation of D:\IDT\IDT.application has started.
* [2007/08/10 06:04:36 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [2007/08/10 06:04:36 PM] : Installation of the application has started.
* [2007/08/10 06:04:36 PM] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [2007/08/10 06:04:52 PM] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [2007/08/10 06:04:54 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (HashValidation)
- File, IDT.exe.config, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, Hash hash)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, HashCollection hashCollection)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)