I asked a similar question to this yesterday, and by implimenting prototype I thought I had fixed it, but it looks like that was just in IE7. I tested out my script in Firefox 2.0 and there is still a definite memory leak.
I made a multiplayer AJAX poker game, but I seem to have some problems with browser memory leaks. I have the AJAX poll the server for data to update the table every 2 seconds and was wondering if anybody knew of some common or maybe not-so common issues in a setup like this that could cause excessive memory build up in the browser, or cause the user to be locked out of the site until they restart their browser.
Common symptoms are that the table just freezes, and then if they try and go to any page on the site it won't load, but any other site loads. Then if they restart the browser everything works fine again.