I have the old MDBDATA folder from previous Exchange. Fresh install, higher service pack and Exchange Standard Server working fine. Problem is, I need to recover the personal address books and possibly some of the emails from the old MDBDATA. Tried stopping services and rename working MDBDATA folder to "old" and copied the the old MDBDATA folder over. Restarted services but the mailboxes failed to mount. Tried to access with Exmerge, no luck. Error was Jet Initialization failed. Checked size, the folder is 16.3gig. Reversed the process and restored all, Exchange is back to working, but I still need that info. I found the following answer to a similar dilemma (pasted below) and it sounds like it will work, but I cannot find the "Advanced Tab" spoken about in step 9. Any help for getting back the addresss the secretary and others had in their email?
1) Run Exchange Server Setup to install Exchange Server using the original site and organization names.
2) Stop all the Exchange Server services.
3) Delete all files from the Exchsrvr\Mdbdata subdirectory. Copy the Priv.edb you have to Exchsrvr\Mdbdata subdirectory.
4) Start the directory service.
5) From a command prompt, go to the Exchsrvr\Bin directory.
6) Run Isinteg -patch.
7) Start the information store.
8) Start the Exchange Server Administrator program.
9) On the Advanced tab of the Server object properties, start the DS/IS Consistency Checker.
10)Connect to the server with Oulook using an Exchange Admin account. You will need to connect to each mailbox separately and export the contents to PST.