Commercial solution to convert HTML to PDF
Posted on 2007-09-28
We are looking for any product that can take an exceedingly simple PHP-generated web page (text/lists/tables/graphics) and generate a PDF of that page on the server. The product must have the following:
- Work in a LAMP environemt
- Ability to generate custom top/bottom/left/right margins in the PDF file
- Handle graphics and tables, minor CSS styles (font specifications)
- Be somewhat easy to install and use or have pretty good support and documentation
- Be called from another PHP script and be able to open a page with a query string
The idea is that a user will submit some HTML as generated by an fckeditor textarea to a MySQL table. A script will then put various elements from the table together as HTML and we then need that result to be saved on the server as a PDF.
We have looked at htmlDOC already, but I was not overly impressed with the demo at pdf-o-matic and really not impressed with the documentation.
Any other suggestions are appreciated. Free is best, but I have secured a budget for this project and am willing to pay for a solution that meets all of the above requirements.