Link to home
Create AccountLog in
Avatar of geekg
geekg

asked on

Activesync only downloads all emails if already downloaded to Outlook Client, otherwise intermittent emails received

Server Spec - SBS 2003 SP2, Exchange 2003 SP2
I have a few PDAs (mostly O2s XDA and UBIQUIO) with either 2003, Mobile 5, Mobile 6.   These have all been working fine sending/receiving emails via GPRS until a few weeks ago.  
The following are all working OK with Self Signed Digital Certificate
Internal Outlook clients
HTTP over RPC
OWA
OMA
The only change I can think of is I moved the Information Store to another disk, due to out of disk space.
Now when a PDA tries to sync emails, it downloads some emails, not all, but on the odd occasion it will download all.   Have tried plain text, rich text, HTML.  Have tried soft-reset and the same applies.
If Outlook client is open, and emails have been retrieved.  The PDA syncs perfectly everytime.
I have trolled the web looking for a solution, with no luck.
The only thing I have tried is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298415 - added the registry setting and rebooted server. with no luck.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
Avatar of geekg
geekg

ASKER

Hi
Have solved it after calling Microsoft....not cheap one off call.

The problem was with ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange Master Service  once I stopped the service, the PDAs Activesync started working normally.

I had to stop and start any third party software services on the server and troubleshoot receiving email.  Thirdparty software I had was Trend and Scriptlogic products.   He mentioned he had seen something similar with the "ScriptLogic File System Auditor Service".

Hope this helps other people
ASKER CERTIFIED SOLUTION
Avatar of msmook
msmook

Link to home
membership
Create an account to see this answer
Signing up is free. No credit card required.
Create Account
Avatar of geekg

ASKER

Thanks.  Was dreading the hour plus phone call to Trend.