Want to join server to domain across VPN tunnel
Posted on 2007-09-29
Here's my scenario:
- The domain controller, a Windows 2003 server, is server1.domain.location1
- The domain controller is dual-homed, with an IP on the router side of 192.168.1.100, and an IP on the LAN side of 192.168.8.12. It is the Internet gateway and performs NAT for the network at location1
- The VPN router at location1 has an IP address of 192.168.1.1.
- I also promoted the remote server, also a Windows 2003 server, to a DC, because it didn't seem that DNS ran correctly until I did so. The remote server is server2.domain.location2.
- The remote server has an IP of 10.0.1.150. It is not dual homed. The gateway is the VPN router at location2, with an IP of 10.0.1.1.
- All clients at location2 as well as the server (anything on the 10.0.1.x subnet) can see anything on the 192.168.1.x subnet at location1.
I'd like to join server2.domain.location2 to the domain.location1 domain. Iid also like for clients at location2 to be able to resolve server names for any servers on the 192.168.1.x subnet at location1. If possible, I'd even like them to be able to see the 192.168.8.x subnet at location1.
Thanks in advance for any help.