I need to convert: http://basskozz.com/Convert.txt
to the following format: http://basskozz.com/Converted.txt
Can someone help me with a quick little Perl Script to do this conversion?
Things to note:
1. Although these are "txt" files they are really just "csv" files.
2. These aren't exact conversions, these two files are just to show you the format the data should be converted from/to.
3. Note the dates are in different formats: "d-mmm-yy" needs to be converted to "d/m/yy"
4. Here is a list of the fields that need to be converted from/to for each record:
Docket Num = Docket_Num
Rec Date = Rec_Date
City = City
Street = Street
Plaintiff = Plaintiff
Defendant = Defendant
Print Date = Print_Date
5. The "Docket Num" field needs to have "Misc. " appended to the front of the number and placed in the "Docket_Num" field of the converted document.
Is Perl the best way to go for this, or might it be easier to use MS Access or Excel ?
Thanks in advance,