* We are using Oracle 10g Rel. 1 on AIX.
* We have our archive destination set to "/u02/oracle/admin/blah/arch/blah1".
* In v$instance, ARCHIVER is set to "STARTED".
* The owner of the archive directory, at the UNIX level is "oracle dba".
* The permissions on "/u02/oracle/admin/blah/arch/blah1" are drwxr-sr-x.
* The alert.log file shows the ARC1 process creating local archive destination LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_1: '/u02/oracle/admin/blah/arch/blah1/blah1_####-###### sequence ####) (blah1) and also later on closing the same file.
* The last ARC1 archivelog created today was at 04:04:29
* At 07:05:00 a crontab job executes "alter database backup controlfile to trace", which should have no affect on the archive log files.
* There are NO ".arc" files in our archive log destination
* When I do a manual "alter system switch logfile", the ".arc" file that is created IS in the archive log destination.
Does anyone have a clue as to what may be happening to our archive log files that are created from ARC1 process? The only ones that are in our archive log destination are those that are created when a manual switch is completed.