We help IT Professionals succeed at work.

Web interface for OMA (http://servername/oma) gets Run time errors

jefferybush
jefferybush asked
on
305 Views
Last Modified: 2013-12-05
When using IE to test Outlook Mobile Access I receive the following errors:

Server Error in '/OMA' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".


<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>
 

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.


<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>
 
I have applied the following articles with no results:

http://www.amset.info/exchange/mobile-eastrouble.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883380
http://www.amset.info/exchange/mobile-85010014.asp

Outlook Web Access works fine, no problems getting to that at all.
Comment
Watch Question

Principal Consultant
CERTIFIED EXPERT
Most Valuable Expert 2016
Top Expert 2014
Commented:
Unlock this solution and get a sample of our free trial.
(No credit card required)
UNLOCK SOLUTION

Author

Commented:
Thanks for the response, Tech. You are right, the .net version was 2.0. I changed it and applied the command, no change. The .NET version remains at 2.0 for the rest of the virtual directories. Is this causing the problem, and if so, will I have to recreate the virtual directories to get this to work?

Jeff
Expert of the Year 2007
Expert of the Year 2006
Commented:
Unlock this solution and get a sample of our free trial.
(No credit card required)
UNLOCK SOLUTION

Author

Commented:
Thanks, Sembee. I can't change the individual directories because the option is grayed out, hence my question about rebuilding the directories again.
Jeffrey Kane - TechSoEasyPrincipal Consultant
CERTIFIED EXPERT
Most Valuable Expert 2016
Top Expert 2014

Commented:
If you have no need for .NET 2.0 on your server uninstall it for now.

Jeff
TechSoEasy

Author

Commented:
Hmmm....Out of the frying pan as they say. I seem to be missing the tab for ASP.NET 0 in my default web site properties after removal of .net 2.0. Any ideas, Sembee?
Jeffrey Kane - TechSoEasyPrincipal Consultant
CERTIFIED EXPERT
Most Valuable Expert 2016
Top Expert 2014

Commented:
Are you saying you don't want any ideas from anyone else?

Author

Commented:
No, I have absolutely no problem getting ideas from others. =).Let me rephrase. Anyone have any ideas?
Jeffrey Kane - TechSoEasyPrincipal Consultant
CERTIFIED EXPERT
Most Valuable Expert 2016
Top Expert 2014

Commented:
So, you've removed .NET 2.0 so there shouldn't be any ASP.NET tab in the site properties because only .NET 1.1 would be there --- that's normal.

Did you run the re-register command I posted above?

If so, then be sure to delete any temporary Internet files on the machine you are testing this with and then test again.

Jeff
TechSoEasy

Author

Commented:
Thanks, Jeff-

Sorry it took so long to get back with you. Yes, I reran the command and I started getting a different error: Item no longer exists. The item you are attempting to access may have been deleted or moved. I went into the "exchange-oma" virtual directory and the local path was not correct. I changed it and Bingo! She's working again.

The solution you have provided was correct, most of this problem came from changing the .NET version from 1.1 to 2.0. I have backed up the default web site now that it's working properly so that I can restore it easily.

Thanks again for your help, and Sembee as well..
Unlock the solution to this question.
Thanks for using Experts Exchange.

Please provide your email to receive a sample view!

*This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

OR

Please enter a first name

Please enter a last name

8+ characters (letters, numbers, and a symbol)

By clicking, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.