i want to move my System database
i had been using these two pages as refrence:
i started with moving the Model database first.
These are the steps i followed:
1. In SQL Server Enterprise Manager, right-click the server name, and then click Properties.
2. On the General tab, click Startup Parameters.
3. Add the following new parameter:
Once this is done do the following:
1. Stop and then restart SQL Server.
2. Detach the model database by using the following commands:
3. Move the Model.mdf and Modellog.ldf files from the
C drive location folders to the respective folder
4. Reattach the model database by using the following commands
sp_attach_db 'model', D:\MSSQL\Data\model.mdf','
However when i went to reattach the model it would not allow me to and it disabled the sql server i can not start it
when i try to start it from command promt using Net Start MSSQLSERVER (with out the trace flag) it gives
me the following error;
A service specific error occured 1814
When i try to connect through SSMS i get this error:
an error had occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005. this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider:Named Pipes Provider,error: 40- Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
How can i retract my steps. I have removed the trace flage from the lookup parameter and this still doesn't work
please help? and any suggestions how to get it to work