I have written an extensive program in Access VB (originally in Access windows then converted to Access 97 then converted to Access 2000 then Access 2003)
The program resides on a network at a college. Recently, they changed some of the machines with different versions of Office 2003. I then moved all of them to Office 2003 SP2 (to be consistant).
The problems began with one of the users receiving the 3072 error, when debug is clicked the module was trying to run findfirst. The other PCs run fine.
If I open Access VBA on the machine that had the errors, go into tools/references and uncheck DAO 3.60. Get our of the database. Go back into the database and recheck the DAO 3.60, the PC works, but then all of the other PCs on the network get the 3072 error on the same line (findfirst).
I have registered the DAO360.dll on all the pcs (regsvr32 "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao\dao360.dll") and tried unchecking and checking the DAO 3.60 in references but to no avail.
They are all part of the same workgroup in Access (tools/security/workgroup admin).
I am not sure if there is some file incompatibility in office, the dll libraries, I have copied the same dao360.dll on all the PCs.