1. in CR, I am using xml as data source.
2. xml is exported using access' Application.ExportXML
3. with the export xml files has exportet all columns containing data.
4. sometimes the coulmn exported are more or less, meaning a column will be missing later on.
5. in CR again, I have formulas on some fields that are no longer on the xml file, because they don't contain data and thus not being exported at #2.
Besides writting the xml export function manually instead of using MS' .ExportXML is it possible in Crystal reports to simply:
a. does this field name exist?
- yes = use it
- no = ignore it (gives me "This field is not known" error at the moment.