I am running Windows Small Business Server 2003 on the server. Other users (Windows XP SP2) still running fine and connecting to Exchange fine.
One user has new (previously used at home by owner of company) pc (windows XP SP2), connected to domain fine. Can setup a POP3 account, no problem. When I try to resolve name to exchange server (using cached exchange mode or not) I get following error.
Run DLL as an APP which shows in event viewer as such.
Faulting application rundll32.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, faulting module msmapi32.dll, version 11.0.8002.0, fault address 0x00022026.
I have the dump file if anyone wants to see it.
The profile is then corrupted and I must remove profile and recreate a new one to do anything further with Outlook, even open the program for just the POP3 account.
What I have done:
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook.
I updated to latest service packs and all security updates done for OS and Office.
Have also tried a different version of MSMAPI32.DLL file (one that was working on another station) originally had 11.0.8164.0.
I added Outlook program as an exception in firewall.
Tried to resolve other exchange names also, and logged on as other users and tried to resolve other names and the original name. Same errors occurred.
Hope I gave the right info,