I have just installed Win SBS 2003 together with Exchange 2003 on a server. I successfully join my PC to the SBS 2003 domain. However, when I connect Microsoft Outlook to Exchange 2003, I get the following error messages:
"Outlook could not log on. Check to make sure you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Contact your system administrator if this condition persists. You can choose File->Work Offline to work locally until the server becomes available."
"The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed."
The client PC and Exchange Server are in the same LAN segment, no firewall blocking. I have tried the following approaches:
- ping the Exchange Server name and IP --> got reply.
- connect using different user account from client PC --> failed.
- connect from different client PC --> failed.
- telnet to port 25 and 110 of Exchange server --> OK!
- connect with Outlook 2003 (initially was Outlook 2002) --> failed.
- install Outlook on the Exchange Server, and then connect to Exchange --> OK!
- after successfully connected Outlook to Exchange Server from within the server itself, test send and receive --> OK!
- access OWA from within the Server (http://servername/exchange
) --> OK!
- access OWA from client PC browser (http://servername/exchange
) --> failed.
This problem is driving me crazy. If not of the max limit of 500 points, I would be willing to offer 1000 points! Please help. Thank you.