Backup exce 9.1 issues
Posted on 2007-10-06
We have some issue with Backup exec 9.1 which was running for some time. we had issues with backup tape when restored the next day backup will fail and i found that this would be resolved after the update to the latest hotfix which i installed.
But now the backup is running very slow that it is not completing in 6hrs for 200GB data (files * folders) but this used to complete within 6 hrs before this issue
We have LTO 2 tapes 200/400GB and Dell 110T tape. I have asked Dell vendor to check if there is any issue with Dell tape drive but it seems to work fine with NTbackup.
1. Do the service remote storage needs to be enabled on server where backup excec 9.1 is installed
2. Is there any configuration needs to be done
3. Do i need to delete and the drive once again
The backup is causing lot of issues that it is failing with some of the errrors below.
1. The job failed with the following error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
2. Storage device "DELL 1" reported an error on a request to write data to media.
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
3. Adamm Mover Error: Write Failure!
Error = ERROR_CRC
Drive = "DELL 1"
Media = "Wednesday"
Read Mode: SingleBlock(0), ScsiPass(0)
Write Mode: SingleBlock(1), ScsiPass(1)
4. Final error: 0x17 - Data error (cyclic redundancy check). - This error happend one day where it failed after 142 GB in 3hrs.
Is there any configuration change needs to be done?
1. Daily backup (Full backup) of all drives (220 GB data)
I tried backing up 30 GB to tape which completed fine but more data backup fails.
Any help would be much appreciated.