I have a laptop that acceses an intranet site on the local network. In order for the activex controls on the site to work it is necessary to have the intranet zone security settings set to specific values. If I go through and set these options, then click ok, the site works. If I then restart internet explorer (ie6, as 7 is not compatible with the site) the site stops working, and going into ie settings reveals that either one or two settings have changed, or the whole lot have been reset. I have tried shutting down all other processes running on the laptop, and it still happens. It is my MDs laptop, so blowing it out is not an option, although if there is a way to alter these settings using a script that he can just run when it stops working, that might be possible.