• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 5820
  • Last Modified:

Blackberry address book does not show phone numbers

I have a blackberry pearl (AT&T) setup on the BES express server 4.1.  It's activated, receiving messages, and everything seems to be working just fine.  I understand that if you want to querie the GAL, you can use the lookup feature, and this seems to be working fine.  Oddly, when the username is returned from the querie, it only shows the employee name, Fax, and email address.  When I look at this same user in the GAL...they also have a phone number and mobile number.  I'm stumped.
0
westdalemis
Asked:
westdalemis
  • 3
  • 3
  • 2
  • +2
1 Solution
 
SysExpertCommented:
I would check the view options on the BB device.

Is anyone else having a similar issue ?

I hope this helps !
0
 
westdalemisAuthor Commented:
Yes, all of us are...there are only several of us on the server.
0
 
SysExpertCommented:
While doing a lookup, select a name, and use the wheel ( menu button ) to select view. This should show the user info.

I hope this helps !
0
Making Bulk Changes to Active Directory

Watch this video to see how easy it is to make mass changes to Active Directory from an external text file without using complicated scripts.

 
westdalemisAuthor Commented:
None of that helped unfortunately.
0
 
westdalemisAuthor Commented:
I think the issue might be related to PIM field mappings, however, when I look at the mappings for my account on the server they appear to be set correctly by default.  Unfortunately, it seems that all of the hits I get when I google this issue are either for my post in EE or people having issues with Lotus sync.
0
 
monorail1Commented:
Have you confirmed all AD fields are completed properly? What I mean to say is, the users mobile phone # should be under the 'Mobile Phone' mapping etc. email address in the email address spot.  

Is business contact manager or any CRM/CMS type contact management software in use either individually or firm-wide?

Have you checked your PIM field mappings in BES server configuration (BES > domain > global > service control & customization > Edit PIM Sync Global Field Mapping).

Check to see if the GAL user is a listed contact is the users contacts, if so, move the contact & retry the lookup.

Are there any application eventvwr errors that stand out to you, if so - please include here after the above.



~ CFJ
0
 
qsnowCommented:
We just started having this issue on our BES 4.1.4 / Exchange 2007 environment as well.  All of our lookups were working fine until today and now they only show the Name, Address, and FAX.  PIN Field mappings were correct when I looked at the BES server.
0
 
qsnowCommented:
Rebooted our BES and now lookups are showing all the phone numbers.  Very strange.
0
 
alcoahdCommented:
I found another fix that will work on a case by case basis if you can't get your BES restarted.

Go into your Adress book on your device.  Go to options and Wireless Synchronization.  Change Wireless sync to no, save it, let it sit for 30 seconds or so, and change it back.

The address book will update.  Try another lookup in about 3 minutes.  Should work fine.
0
 
qsnowCommented:
Very interesting.. We will try that on the next one that gets hozed :-)  Thanks.
0

Featured Post

Independent Software Vendors: We Want Your Opinion

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

  • 3
  • 3
  • 2
  • +2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now