Hi friends !
I want to implement wireless network for my laptop users. Currently I have complete traditional wired network. My workplace covers 1 km campus area. I want to use Wireless Radio AP integrated with Antenna that can cover this campus area.
Right now my purpose is to use this equipment only for propagating wireless signals to the laptops. I dont want to use additional Access Points.
I explored a site www.wlanantennas.com
and found some Wireless Radio AP integrated with Antennas. This is the list of the products that I chose.
1. Long Range High Powered Bridge AP - 400mW9dBi Patch Antenna
2. Telex 2.4 GHz, 5 dBi Dual Space Diversity Omni Antenna (2427AA)
3. Telex 2.4 GHz, 8.5 dBi Patch Wireless Antenna (2401)
4. Telex 2.4 GHz, 12 dBi, 120 degree Sector Antenna (2443AA)
5. Telex 2.4GHz, 14.5 dBi, 90 degree Sector Antenna (2444AA)
Q: 1 Can you please guide me which of these products can be most suitable and easiest in my scenario ? If you have idea about other products, then please tell me.
Q: 2 The Radio AP with Antenna equipment will be fixed on the roof of the building, and I will not use additional AP, so will the signal reach to laptops inside the rooms/cabins ?
Q: 3 How can I calculate the range of these product as on the site, I found all the specifications except the range in meters.
Please help me in this regard. I am asked to implement the network as soon as possible. So I am giving extreme points to this question. If you want any other information, please tell me.