We help IT Professionals succeed at work.

Domain suffix search order problems

nrthelp asked
Last Modified: 2012-06-27
I have a domain who has a suffix search order set in the default domain policy, which is enforced and pushed down to all workstations and it has always worked.  I just added a new domain name to the list, it is one that we just created a trust with last week, and the new domain is not showing up in the ipconfig /all list.  It is odd.  it is listed the same as the other domains, no spaces and seperated by commas.  The domain is there, and the one way trust is active and validated, but it will just not show up.  I have rebooted workstations, ran a gpupdate /force and /sync, no changes.  ANy thoughts?  I am confused as to what it might be
Watch Question

Unlock this solution and get a sample of our free trial.
(No credit card required)


I made some slight modifications the order, and moved the missing domain later in the line, and after a reboot of a new client (VM I just imaged, for a test) and it now is showing up in the new location.  Which is quite odd, but I guess I count my blessings on this one.  Good thoughts.

Gain unlimited access to on-demand training courses with an Experts Exchange subscription.

Get Access
Why Experts Exchange?

Experts Exchange always has the answer, or at the least points me in the correct direction! It is like having another employee that is extremely experienced.

Jim Murphy
Programmer at Smart IT Solutions

When asked, what has been your best career decision?

Deciding to stick with EE.

Mohamed Asif
Technical Department Head

Being involved with EE helped me to grow personally and professionally.

Carl Webster
CTP, Sr Infrastructure Consultant
Empower Your Career
Did You Know?

We've partnered with two important charities to provide clean water and computer science education to those who need it most. READ MORE

Ask ANY Question

Connect with Certified Experts to gain insight and support on specific technology challenges including:

  • Troubleshooting
  • Research
  • Professional Opinions
Unlock the solution to this question.
Thanks for using Experts Exchange.

Please provide your email to receive a sample view!

*This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.


Please enter a first name

Please enter a last name

8+ characters (letters, numbers, and a symbol)

By clicking, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.