Problem: Create button that prints a word document with information from the current record.
Programs: MS Access 2003 and Word 2003
What I have so far:
A button with a click event (I've added line numbers):
1. Private Sub Command61_Click()
2. Dim objWord As Word.Document
3. Set objWord = GetObject("C:\MyMerge.doc", "Word.Document")
4. ' Make Word visible.
5. objWord.Application.Visible = True
6. ' Set the mail merge data source as the RCIMS database.
7. objWord.MailMerge.OpenDataSource _
8. Name:="C:\Documents and Settings\epack\My Documents\Access Databases\RCIMS.mdb", _
9. LinkToSource:=True, _
10. Connection:="Table Contacts", _
11. SQLStatement:="SELECT * From [Contacts] WHERE ContactID" = Me.ContactID
12. ' Execute the mail merge.
14. End Sub
1. When the button is clicked the word document is opened (it has merge data from when I created the document).
2. I close the document and get a window:
Run time error "13":
When I select debug the code appears with lines 7-11 highlighted and an arrow on line 11.
Based on what I'm finding I'm pretty close (hopefully)...
But I've been out of the coding world a while an obviously am missing something...LOL.