I'm just now accepting enrollment to my new site, http://www.electriciansnet.com
and I have acquired a list of about 8000 possible electrical contractors. I have managed to insert (using cffile but I have to re-code the path manually every time- is there an easier way to make the path dynamic?) the filtered list into a table that has 2 columns, email and ID which is just an autonum column.
What I would like to do is to setup a cfschedule to run for an hour or so in the wee hours of the night but the query needs to take the following parameters into consideration.
1. It needs to check against my current members (dbo.members.Contact_Email
) so that they are not harassed by this promotion.
2. If email not exist in dbo.members, send say 267(aprox 8k/30 days) email on day 1 of 30
3. If email not exist in dbo.members, send the next 267 email on day 2 of 30 and so on...
4. Start process over again in 30 days
5. Possibly set it up so that I can change the body of the message and start another overlapping letter/ process to the same list.