Does an Event/Timeline Management solution exist for SharePoint?
Posted on 2007-10-18
I'm the Operations Manager for a large conference (30,000 attendees/exhibitors) that happens once a year. I'm looking for a solution to manage all the tasks in order to produce the conference. My company has decided to invest resources into making SharePoint our intranet/knowledge base tool. I'm looking for the following functions:
1) Create and assign tasks (exists in SharePoint)
2) Provide automatic daily/weekly updates to management with progress reports (RSS?, SQL Reporting Services?)
3) Allow different users to pull inforation differently (exist in SharePoint using views)
4) All tasks need to be completed by the Friday prior to the conference. The tool should allow me to set the date once and all tasks work from that one date. Thus, if the "end date" is June 21, then a task that's "Due" on June 7 needs to be completed two weeks prior to the "end date"
5) The tool needs to allow me to "save as" the project (from "2007 Show" to "2008 Show"), let me change the "end date" and then automatically update all the "due dates" to the new year. Thus, if the new "end date" is June 14, then the task mentioned above would be automatically due on June 1.