I am new on the use of java, but I am getting an interesting project that I would like to develop. These are the characteristics:
1. Create an web application with java for performing marketing analyses. These analyses are delivered in Excel charts and tables, power point presentations, and word documents.
2. The data is provided by customers and charged in a Database. The web application will use this database to query the data to perform above analyses
3. This application does not have any administrative module, but it should be easy to grow and integrate with existing object oriented administrative applications
3. We will rent a server in order to place our application.
4. The number of users will vary from 3 to 5
5. The company is small, but it is expecting to grow very fast for next year
6.The owner of this project wants a world class application, so he can compete with big companies.
My questions are:
1. Should I use MySQL or SQLServer for the database management?
2.I want use java 6.0 for this project, but I am open to any other language (I know c# and .NET)
3.Do you have an idea of time and price for this project?
4. The owner of this project wants a world class application, so he can compete with big companies
5. What are the security issues I have to consider since we will use a rented server?
Please refer me to another expert if you do not know about my questions.