Send/Receive works on open once then hangs
Posted on 2007-10-19
My laptop froze completey 5 days ago [could not open Task Manager, anything] After power off and restart, all was well except for Outlook, which now has a quirky behavior.
Send/Receive settings - Set to Send immediately when connected; Receive is set to check every 5 minutes.
When Outlook is opened, if there are messages to be sent it will:
- indicate it is sending the messages [ eg - Sending 1 of 2]
- after 5-10 sec, increase the number of messages by 1 [eg - Sending 2 of 3]
- Complete the send successfully
- Hang trying to receive until timeout failure
When Outlook opened, if no messages to be sent it will
- Receive messages from the 1st of 2 accounts
- Hang trying to receive from the 2nd account until timeout failure
Things I have tried:
- Deleting and re-creating all email accounts [Test account settings fails within Outlook but if I create the accounts through the Control Panel - Mail approach, they test fine
- Uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook
- Configuring a new Outlook account for another user - same problems with Test account settings
- Checked all other programs requiring internet access - they appear to working fine
Appreciate in advance any thoughts on this...