Hello, I have SBS2003 on my server and I am trying to add a new Vista laptop client to my domain. I have performed the following steps:
1. I created a new computer account on the SBS 2003 server.
2. I go to my Vista client computer and I point my browser to http://SERVER/ConnectComputer
3. I click on "Connect to the Network"
4. I get a dialog box on my Vista machine asking me if I want to run nshelp.exe.
5. I click "Run".
6. I get another dialog on my Vista machine asking me if I want to run "Windows Small Business Server 2003 with Service Pa..." (Note that I cannot see the entire name in the dialog box.)
7. I click on "Run", and then I get an Error that says, "Make sure that only one network adapter is enabled and that it is connected to the Small Business Server".
This looks to me to be an odd error. It appears as though the Small Business Server service pack is attemting to run on my Vista client laptop??!! What's going on here?
I've tried a lot of things. Disabling UAC, turning off my Vista firewall, etc.
Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.