We are in the process of installing a new SBS server to our office network. (Prior to this, we were using peer-to-peer XP network).
We did the SBS setup and added all the new users. We joined about 3 client computers to the network using the ConnectComputer wizard. Everything went fine, until...
I went through the process for another computer (the owner's). When it got to the Outlook configuration part, it failed, stating that Outlook had been installed other than by SBS, so it couldn't be configured. It seemed like the MS updates hadn't been installed properly. I fixed that problem, so now Outlook is up-to-date.
In the process of doing this, I had joined / un-joined this computer to the network a few times, and now we have a little mess to sort out on the computer.
There are now a whole bunch of user profiles stored on the client computer, like this:
(by the way, LIFEBOOK is the computer name, not the domain name).
The "johns" profile was the one that had the person's "My Documents", desktop, settings, etc, but th johns.LIFEBOOK.000 is the profile currently being used.
Adding further to this mess is that Outlook didn't have the previous emails in the new mailbox, so in desperation, I opened the previous mailbox and copied the old mail to the new mailbox.
I want to know the best way to clean up this mess...
I mean, I think that he should be using the johns profile, not the johns.LIFEBOOK.000 profile. Also, all the My Docs, etc are in the old profile.