Network Engineer CV question
Posted on 2007-11-13
I am looking for job in UK as a network engineer OR IT support andI have created a CV after a long research because its come in to my knowledge that its very important to find a job that the person have the very good CV. I will very much appreciate if you guys help me out and tell me whats the problem in my CV, which part I should improve and how to make my CV look like a very professional.
My CV is as follows
· 1+ years experience in Communication and Computer Networking operations.
· Provide 1st and 2nd line IT support to different organization national and Internationally.
· I took training during the job of Communication Skills, Presentation, people management, and time management.
· I am well organized and willing to learn more and more for good future and as well as better performance.
Designation: IT Support
Duration: 10 Oct/2007 to (Three weeks contract)
Location: UK based South Harrow, MRL is a recruiting company. Established in 2000 MRL specialized in industrial to Administration roles such as Secretarial, office admin; call centres, technical, production, assembling, mailroom, distribution and logistics.
Ø Network Management.
Ø System configuration.
Ø Ms Outlook Configuration.
Ø Support on Sage (Act 2007 Evaluation Version) Software.
Ø Support on Windows 2003 Server and XP.
Through this small contract job I learn how to be more productive and provide better performance and complete usetilization of time in short tenure
Organization: Ensign Communiqué
Designation: Network Engineer
Duration: 25 Jan/2005 to 02 Feb/2006
Location: Pakistan based Karachi; Ensign operates integrated global delivery platforms supported by a state-of-the-art and scalable infrastructure. With world-class service delivery center based in Karachi Pakistan with a total capacity of 150 workstations.
Ø Network Management and LAN traffic monitroring.
Ø System configuration and user helpdesk
Ø Ms Outlook Configuration.
Ø Call loggings.
Ø System Documentation.
Ø Maintenance and fault diagnoses of Modem, MaxTNT and Access server ports.
Ø MRTG monitoring.
Ø Maintenance and troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP, proxies, Gateway and Mail Server.
Ø Active Directory Configuration.
Ø Configuration of Firewalls Like MonoWall and Mandrake.
In the starting I had responsible for the first three tasks for 2 months after that completing this tenure successfully. Then my line manager has assigned me the rest of the tasks and where as my colloquies were doing the initial Tasks.
Aug 2006 June 2007 Blekinge Institute of Technology Karlskrona, Sweden
M. Sc. in Electrical Engineering (with emphasis on Telecommunication and Internet System)
Jan 1999 Dec 2004 Usman Institute of Technology Karachi, Pakistan
BE in Computer Engineering
Occupational Skills Covered;
· LAN and WAN
· Network Monitoring and Troubleshooting
· GSM and GPRS
· RF (Techniques, Components and applications)
· MPLS, WLAN, IPQoS
· Good knowledge of TCP/IP.
· SQL Server, Java and C++ Computer Languages.
· MPLS traffic engineering
· Basic knowledge of Exchange Server
· Research based detailed overview of MPLS with Traffic Engineering.
· A detailed Report on Mobile Adhoc Networking.
· I worked on VPN by using IPSec and L2TP protocols Microsoft Windows and Cisco Routers during my Final year Studies.
· Possess excellent communication skills in English language, both verbal and written.
· Possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
· Ability to perform as a member of a team as well as individually.
· Fast learning ability.
· Self-motivated and initiative.
· Very good knowledge of MicroSoft office.