This SHOULD be simple.
From the local subnet of 192.168.x.x
RV042 allows me to connect using the MS PPTP client
From the WAN side
RV042 will not only NOT allow a connection, the logs on the RV042 indicate that it does not even see the attempt.
- I can ping to the Wan port so I know that I have connection.
- I have tried with the RV042 firewall enabled and disabled
- I have NO firewall software or hardware at the client side
- I can connect to other routers (Netopia R910) from the client using the MS PPTP client
- I am not using the IPSec VPN of the RV042
- I have default access rules (allow all outgoing and allow no incoming) on the RV042
- I have no filtering on the RV042
Basically, the RV042 is in its default state except for the PPTP server being turned on and one user being defined.
What's the little secret (or obvious setting) that I'm missing?