Excel Services displays cached data to all users when SSAS cube is down
Posted on 2007-11-15
We are using WSS2007 to display excel reports connected to our SSAS cube. Our MDX security filters work just fine when the cube is up, but in the event the cube is down, our users have figured out how to display the original cached excel file via web services.
1. the cube must be unavailable
2. the user clicks on a report library file (.xlsx) via the SharePoint portal
3. they see " Data Refresh Failed "
4. they click back in IE7
5. they click the exact same report again
6. the original cached copy loads
we have the excel file to always refresh upon opening and excel services central admin is set to "Stop When Refresh on Open Fails". As you can imagine, this is a major security concern in our organization.
Thanks in advance!