I have researched all the questions already posted on EE and I've done about everything I know to do. This laptop is having major issues and I need to reformat the HDD.
1. I went to the bios and moved the CD/DVD Drive to to the top of the Boot Sequence. I went as far as to turn off the Diskette Drive and USB Storage so not to interfere. I usually would not do this but I thought I'd give it a try. Anyway, hit ESC, selected save and exit and rebooted. Nothing....it completely bypasses the CD drive on boot up.
2. On restart I hit F12 and select CD Drive to boot from and it completely bypasses the CD drive. On restart the CD drive does light up and I hit "any" key in case the question about booting from a CD just is not appearing but nothing happens. It goes right on into Windows.
3. I can boot into safe mode and read the CD drive just fine.
4. I used the same CD on another computer and it worked fine. I've even tried 3 other XP CD's just in case but none work in this laptop.
Acronis protects the complete Microsoft technology stack: Windows Server, Windows PC, laptop and Surface data; Microsoft business applications; Microsoft Hyper-V; Azure VMs; Microsoft Windows Server 2016; Microsoft Exchange 2016 and SQL Server 2016.
It is only natural that we all want our PCs to be in good working order, improved system performance, so that is exactly how programs are advertised to entice. They say things like:
• PC crashes? Get registry cleaner to repair it!
Today, still in the boom of Apple, PC's and products, nearly 50% of the computer users use Windows as graphical operating systems. If you are among those users who love windows, but are grappling to keep the system's hard drive optimized, then you s…
Microsoft Active Directory, the widely used IT infrastructure, is known for its high risk of credential theft. The best way to test your Active Directory’s vulnerabilities to pass-the-ticket, pass-the-hash, privilege escalation, and malware attacks …
Two types of users will appreciate AOMEI Backupper Pro:
1 - Those with PCIe drives (and haven't found cloning software that works on them).
2 - Those who want a fast clone of their boot drive (no re-boots needed) and it can clone your drive wh…