We are experiencing an issue mapping to a shared folder. We are in domain environment.
So far we have come accross three computers that refuse to map to a particular computer, but have no issues with mapping to other computers.
In the past they connected fine, but have recently stopped working.
Steps to troubleshoot that have been taken already:
- Verified DNS resolves properly and that the drive can be pinged by name and IP
- Checked File share and folder permissions.
- Logged in as domain admin and still could not map the drive
- Tried net use from command prompt, but got error 53
- Modified Nic TcP/IP DNS settings to append domain settings
- Changed speed/duplex from auto to 100/full and 100/half.
- Uninstalled and Re-installed File and Printer Sharing
- Left and Re-joined the Domain
- Connected via wire instead of wirless
- Tried connecting using different user accounts with no luck.
- Created a new shared folder with permissions to EVERYONE but still no luck on the trouble computers.