Setup cannot copy ***file to the hardisk
Posted on 2007-11-19
Hi my windows was very slow it has been very long being formatted around 2years..... so i formatted my c: Drive and installed the xp but during the the setup while copying initial setupfiles i am getting the below error....
"Setup cannot copy **** files to the hard disk" Some time it says driver.cab cannot be copied and some times it says tour.exe and may times multiple copies of files cannot be copied when i keep on pressing esc.... and also after some time i get some error message in blue screen showing some ascii characters 0x0000073b error something... and below the screen i get the following options
press esc to skip files enter to retry f3 to quit
1. i formatted my hard disk more than 6 times using xp cd.
2. used different backups of xp cd.
3. used diferent cd drives and ide cables.
4. took backups of hardisk from my frineds computer removed partition and formatted the whole drive
5. converted to differnt file system that is ntfs and fat32 by formatting.
but still i am not able to install the xp during the initial copy of setup files it throws the above error... if it is a virus it could not stay for a long time after so many formats more than 15 can experts here can give me any solution