Unable to delete a file in my fileshare even though I am an administrator...
Posted on 2007-11-20
Me, John Smith (names changed to protect the ignorant) :-) am unable to delete a file I should be able to. On boot, H: is assigned to \\server-name\Information Systems. From the XP desktop, I navigate to my Employee\JSmith share and attempt to delete a file. I am unable to. Windows returns an error saying "Cannot Delete <file name>: Access is denied". I am failing to see why I am unable to delete this file... or any file for that matter. I cannot create, edit, delete files on this share for some reason.
Path on server: D:\Information Systems\Employee\JSmith
Permissions in folder JSmith:
- Allow: JSmith, Full Control, <not inherited>, This folder, subfolders and files
- Allow: CREATER OWNER, Full Conrol, <not inherited>, Subfolders and files only
- Allow: SYSTEM, Full Control, <not inherited>, This folder, subfolders and files
- Allow: Administrators (company.com\Administrators), Full Control, <not inherited>, This folder, subfolders and files
Owner (tab) of folder JSmith:
- Current owner of this item: John Smith (JSmith@company.com)
Effective Permissions (tab) of folder JSmith
- If I enter JSmith the system returns all check boxes as checked
I've tried checking "Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects" but it hasn't changed anything. I still am unable to delete.
JSmith is a member of the enterprise admins, domain admins.