I can't backup the system State of Windows server 2003. I'm using backup Exec 11D.
Here is the error:
V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "System?State". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
VSS Snapshot error. A Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot is already running on the target computer. Only one snapshot can run at a time. Try running the job later.
What I have done:
1. run vssadmin check writers. All good
2. Reboot, no luck
3. The only thing I am backing up is the system state, no other jobs are running at the same time.
4. Advanced open file is not checked
5. Under Exchange options all boxes are unchecked
6. On the advanced settings - I checked NEVER, in the open file when advanced open file is not in use. I had it checked to lock before, and it failed as well.
7. viewed this article, did not work: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/273386.htm
Can anyone think of something else? Seams that BackupExec thinks another VSS job is running.