Need information on setting up a virtual network using Virtual PC 2007
Posted on 2007-11-22
I m a developer who has just moved to Vista Ultimate (It came on the computer). As Vista does not run all of my application I need to set some things up using Virtual PC's.
What I would like to do is this but I am unsure of where to put the settings and what network devices (both real and virtual) to use.
1. Be-able to creat a Virtual PC using Windows XP.
2. Get the Virtual PC to talk out to the internet.
3. Set up the Host so that it can talk to the Virtual PC using a static IP (So I can use the Host's host fle)
4. Configure the Virtual PC so that it can be send b y the host as a Static IP
5. Be-able to 'clone' Virtual images and just change a few details like Name, IP address, and MAC details
I have looked on Google but I cannot fin a step by stap set of instructions that do not clearly define HOST and GUEST configurations.
Many thanks for any help