• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 457
  • Last Modified:

Object Library name conflict

I have developed an Access database using Access 2003 for a client.

The client is running the database on Access 2002.

I have built some custom code for emailing from the database and creating Word docs.  All works fine on my machine.
In the past I have had to talk the client through unticking references in the Tools menu of VB so that the software would work properly.  And up to now that has been fine.  Today this is not possible error message:
"Name conflicts with existing.... etc"

is produced when trying to untick the references.
The client's machines have Microsoft Word/Outlook 10.0 Object Library and mine has version 11.0

What to do?
0
markremms
Asked:
markremms
  • 4
  • 3
1 Solution
 
Patrick MatthewsCommented:
Hello markremms,

> What to do?

I try to go with late binding whenever I have to do OLE automation of one Office app from another.
This mitigates the problems you may run into when your users are on a different version of
Office than the developer.

A quickie summary on the pros and cons:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/EarlyvsLateBinding.htm

If you need some hints on how to convert your current code, please post what you have.

Regards,

Patrick
0
 
markremmsAuthor Commented:
Yes - that's what I've done.  So I don't understand why I'm getting the error
0
 
Patrick MatthewsCommented:
markremms,

Did you remove the Word reference?

Regards,

Patrick
0
Granular recovery for Microsoft Exchange

With Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange you can choose the Exchange Servers and restore points you’re interested in, and Veeam Explorer will present the contents of those mailbox stores for browsing, searching and exporting.

 
markremmsAuthor Commented:
Have written a batch file for the client to decompile the application in their environment.  Waiting to hear if that works....
0
 
markremmsAuthor Commented:
Turned out not to be the object library that was the problem but oddly the use of the date function.  By using the Now() function instead the problem is solved.  An earlier version of the same dataabse works fine with the Date function,  I don't think I've made any changes that would cause this....but I must have done something..
0
 
markremmsAuthor Commented:
Note to self:

Just because you think your client on the other end of the phone says a problem is a certain way doesn't mean it really is.
0
 
Patrick MatthewsCommented:
Vee_Mod,

No objection here :)

Regards,

Patrick
0
 
Computer101Commented:
Closed, 500 points refunded.
Computer101
EE Admin
0

Featured Post

Microsoft Certification Exam 74-409

Veeam® is happy to provide the Microsoft community with a study guide prepared by MVP and MCT, Orin Thomas. This guide will take you through each of the exam objectives, helping you to prepare for and pass the examination.

  • 4
  • 3
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now