I need to connect two small offices over basic cable broadband connections. The staff in office A will have a Windows 2003 Server w/ Terminal Services to host a series of applications and files. The staff in office B will log in via terminal services to their accounts and use the applications/files.
Is the terminal service connection (from login to logout) secure so that a VPN connection is not needed? Are there any printing gotchas/concerns over terminal services which I should prepare for?
- offices will merge to one single office space in one year (this office to office connection is temporary)
- at times staff may log into terminal service session from home
- both offices currently only have basic cable broadband internet access
- all printing will be local to the office where the user is located (users in office B will need to be able to printers local to the office B network; users in office B will not need to print to office A printers)
- offices are not in line of sight and are 10 miles apart