Two users on my network have stopped receiving emails into their inbox on their laptops. I have over fifty others not experiencing issues. The first person had the issue begin two weeks ago, the second has started today. We're running Outlook 2003 in cached mode on both devices. They've stopped receiving new mail in the inbox on the laptop, however their BlackBerrys are still receiving mail normally. When I disable outlook's cached mode and restart outlook their inbox populates normally with all emails. If I turn cached mode back on and restart outlook it goes back to the same point in time when the emails originally stopped arriving. All emails after that point are no longer in the inbox.
I am connected to the server. I checked the .ost files and they are both different sizes and less than 1GB. It makes all the motions of connecting to the server and updating folders in the bottom right corner of the outlook window. It says the folder was updated at the current time, however the emails are not populated in the inbox unless cached mode is turned off.