We are experiencing problems when receiving emails from our clients. Sometimes, because of the location of the sender (example : Europe) or the service he's using (ex:hotmail, yahoo.fr).
The best way to describe the problem is to give you this example. This is what the email looks like when I receive it:
Ce poste mÃƒÂƒÃ‚Â‚ÃƒÂ¢Ã‚Â€Ã‚Â™intÃƒÂƒÃ‚ÂƒÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â©resse grandement puisque mon expÃƒÂƒÃ‚ÂƒÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â©rience dans l e milieu commercial nÃƒÂƒÃ‚Â‚ÃƒÂ¢Ã‚Â€Ã‚Â™a fait quÃƒÂƒÃ‚Â‚ÃƒÂ¢Ã‚Â€Ã‚Â™accroÃƒÂƒÃ‚ÂƒÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â®tre mon sens de la communication et du relationnel ; De plus jÃƒÂƒÃ‚Â‚ÃƒÂ¢Ã‚Â€Ã‚Â™aimerais me servir de mes compÃƒÂƒÃ‚ÂƒÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â©tences afin dÃƒÂƒÃ‚Â‚ÃƒÂ¢Ã‚Â€Ã‚Â™amÃƒÂƒÃ‚ÂƒÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â©liorer lÃƒÂƒÃ‚Â‚ÃƒÂ¢Ã‚Â€Ã‚Â™image et les performances de votre entreprise.
RÃƒÂƒÃ‚ÂƒÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â©sidence : 3 clos du prÃƒÂƒÃ‚ÂƒÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â¨s de lÃƒÂƒÃ‚Â‚ÃƒÂ¢Ã‚Â€Ã‚Â™ÃƒÂƒÃ‚ÂƒÃƒÂ‚Ã‚Â©tang
I tried several things :
- In Outlook, tools, options, mail format, international options. I tried several types of encoding there but it didn't change anything
- Tried to change the encoding in IE7 as well.
In Outlook, I opened the message and then went to View, Encoding and try every possible types of encoding that was listed. Yes it did change the encoding of the email but none of them did the trick as to fix those special characters.
Also, by default, I always use UTF-8