OWA HTTP 500 Error
Posted on 2007-11-29
I'm running Exchange 2003 and the original ABC.com domain works perfectly fine in Outlook and OWA, but recently we were asked to host 3 users using a different domain name - XYZ.com.
I hate to list everything I did but be patient:
Original domain: ABC.local New domain: XYZ.com
- Raised functional level to 2003
- Created OU, "HOSTED". Under it, created OU "XYZ"
- In XYZ, created a universal security group "XYZ Employees"
- In XYZ Employees, [General] tab, email: "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- In XYZ Employees, [Email Addresses] tab, SMTP (Primary) email@example.com
- Unchecked "Automatically update email addresses based on recipient policy.
- Created a "XYZ" recipient policy in Exchange System Manager.
- Filter rule:
- [Email Addres (Policy)) tab, SMTP @XYZ.com
- In ADSIedit.MSC, drilled down to server\OU=Hosted\OU=XYZ, properties
- Changed uPNSuffixes to XYZ.com
- Created a user account, made sure his SMTP address is @XYZ.com
No SSL, no form based authentication, Exchange and Microsoft Share folder have proper rights for Authenticated Users
OK.... assuming you got to this far... How come I get a HTTP 500 error when I try using OWA?