Japanese e-mail that is being sent out is being received as a blank e-mail

Posted on 2007-11-30
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2010-03-06
We have a user who has the Japanese language installed on their machine and when they compose an e-mail everything is showing up (Subject and the Body) and the e-mail sends fine, however, when the recipient receives the e-mail the language shows up in the Subject but the body of the e-mail is completely blank.  If the employee sends the e-mail internally everything receives fine.  We have contacted Barracuda about this issue thinking that was the issue but they are telling us it is not on their end.  Could it be something with Exchange?  We are running Exchange 2003 SP2.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Question by:bob_kochanski
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 3
  • 2

Expert Comment

ID: 20382904
Does the external recipient have the Japanese language/character pack install for their mail client?

Author Comment

ID: 20382958
I don't know, but why is it working if it is sent internally?  Not going outside of the network.


Accepted Solution

scottdorsey earned 2000 total points
ID: 20383070
Do you do windows/office updates internally? Could have come down with those.
10 Questions to Ask when Buying Backup Software

Choosing the right backup solution for your organization can be a daunting task. To make the selection process easier, ask solution providers these 10 key questions.


Author Comment

ID: 20383479

                   We figured it out, we have an exclaimer in our environment and once we disabled that they started to come through.

Thanks for your help.

Author Comment

ID: 21031101
Thanks for the solution scottdorsey.  There was a hotfix that was on exclaimers side.  Once we installed that everything was fine.

Expert Comment

ID: 21070040
Force accepted.
EE Moderator

Featured Post

Problems using Powershell and Active Directory?

Managing Active Directory does not always have to be complicated.  If you are spending more time trying instead of doing, then it's time to look at something else. For nearly 20 years, AD admins around the world have used one tool for day-to-day AD management: Hyena. Discover why

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

This article aims to explain the working of CircularLogArchiver. This tool was designed to solve the buildup of log file in cases where systems do not support circular logging or where circular logging is not enabled
Check out this step-by-step guide for using the newly updated Experts Exchange mobile app—released on May 30.
To show how to create a transport rule in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.: First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Mail Flow >> Rules tab.:  To cr…
This video shows how to remove a single email address from the Outlook 2010 Auto Suggestion memory. NOTE: For Outlook 2016 and 2013 perform the exact same steps. Open a new email: Click the New email button in Outlook. Start typing the address: …
Suggested Courses

752 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question