I upgraded ACT! 2006 to 2008 for some folks that I do some side work for every now and then. I got the software updated and working. They have about 6 LAN users that have ACT! 2008 Premiere full version and they share the Database on their server named "Server2003"
On Server2003, I installed ACT! 2008 Premium for Web that would allow users to access the CRM software from their IE from outside of the office. I got it up and running and it worked fine for about an hour.
After that, it started to not allow users to log in from the web GUI. I uninstalled everything...SQL 2005, IIS 6, .NET 2, 3, ACT itself, and eveything else that I could think of.
I cleaned up the registry and got the server back to a perfect clean slate.
I reinstalled ACT! 2008 Premium for Web and the error is still happening. Users can get to the login screen, but it errors stating that users should seek assistance from their network administrator. We'll that's me and I don't need them calling me all day at my full time job...they don't like moonlighting (o;
So I know the following. I set the ACT! for Web to use the default website in IIS 6. ACT! installs a virtual directory called APFW, so I set a redirect so when the users enter http://remote.theirdomain.com
it forwards the users to http://remote.theirdomain.com/APFW
Now the users have the login GUI. If they enter a username that isn't valid, it does check it and returns that they have entered an invalid username or password. If they enter a valid username and password it fails with the "contact your administrator...bla bla bla."
Okay...so the Application Log on the SBS 2003 states the following 3 entries when a user attempts to log in via the web GUI.
1) Information Date and Time Source = AFW Event ID = 9999 Task Category = None
2) Error Date and Time Source = AFW Event ID = 1 Task Category = None
3) Warning Date and Time ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event ID = 1309 Task Category = 3
Error #2 includes:
The following information was included with the event:
error occured on pageAct.Web Message:Method not found: 'UInt32 Act.ProtexisProvider.Prote
Error 3 includes:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
12/2/2007 10:15:55 PM
12/3/2007 3:15:55 AM
C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Web\APFW\
NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Method not found: 'UInt32 Act.ProtexisProvider.Prote
sage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
a& msgData, Int32 type)
String user, String db)
ct sender, EventArgs e)
ler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
int, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoi
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE shed some light on this so I can fix it!!!
You guys are the best and I think we can do it.