Cannot enable Touchpad on Lenovo Thinkpad z60m
Posted on 2007-12-06
I've been struggling with enabling the Touchpad on my Thinkpad z60m. It was working fine for the two years that my father has owned the machine and then it stopped working, so the only thing that works now is the trackpoint.
Typically, the touchpad can be enable/disabled in the Thinkvantage configuration - however in this case its completely grayed out.
- In the mouse control panel, in the ultranav tab, the touchpad section is completely grayed out.
- Tried reinstalling the drivers for the touch, v220.127.116.11, no success.. everything still disabled.
- Tried the FN-F8 command to enable it, and it gives an error message that the Touchpad is disabled and needs to be enabled either through the BIOS or thinkvantage config.
- Went into the BIOS to try to reenable the touchpad in the mouse section, except there is no toggle for Touchpad, only the Trackpoint.
- Updated the system with the latest version of BIOS - 1.24, still no luck.. touchpad enable is not in the BIOS screen.. unless I'm looking in the wrong place.
- After updating bios tried reinstalling touchpad drivers, but it says I have a newer version of these installed.. which is odd, cause all I did was update the bios.
- In device manager, under mice, it shows Synaptics PS/2 port pointing device. Shows nothing for touchpad.
Help is appreciated.. running out of ideas here!