Go Premium for a chance to win a PS4. Enter to Win

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 1408
  • Last Modified:

MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS, error '0x80070005, Exchange 2003 cluster

I started receiving the message The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS, error '0x80070005' about two days ago after changing a Domain policy (Computer Configuration>Windows Settings>Security Settings>Local Policies>Security Options>DCOM: Machine Access restrictions in SDDL Syntax and DCOM: Machine Launch restrictions) to solve another issue.  After the policy was pushed to our mail server (Two-node Exchange cluster, active/passive) I started getting the MAD Monitoring thread 0x80070005 error every 5 minutes (Event ID 9098).  I removed the changes to our Domain policy in the hopes it would solve the issue, but the issue persists.

 

I have attempted to diagnose the issue by turning Exchange logging up for MSExchangeDSAccess, but all I see is the transport information event log, which all shows normal  CDG 7 7 1 0 1 1 7 1 for both our DC's).  There are no other warnings/errors in either Application or failed security audits in Security log, nor are there any DCOM errors reported.  Running netdiag and dcdiag reports that no network issues are currently present.  I have also tried moving the cluster node to the passive node and then back in the hopes to reread any permissions, but I was met with no success.

 

I have contemplated running domainprep/adprep again, but I'm not sure if that will cause any other permission issues - If someone could pacify my concerns here, I may go this route.

 

I have read posts about re-registering cdowfevt.dll, which I have done nodes, but this has not solved our problem either.

 

I have also read posts with different errors codes pointing to errors with WMI, but I am able to successfully connect to localhost via WMI Control in Computer Management MMC.

 

I have seen other posts for this issue, but there has never been any comment recommending a solution, so hopefully someone reading this has an idea of what the problem is.

0
fresh_sars
Asked:
fresh_sars
1 Solution
 
abraham808Commented:
I would run the domain Prep again.   I had a similiar problem where the Group Policy turned off something, but after running domain prep it turned something on.  Once group policy kicked in again it turned it off.  This is a start to figure out if it's the policy or not..
0
 
Computer101Commented:
Forced accept.

Computer101
EE Admin
0

Featured Post

2017 Webroot Threat Report

MSPs: Get the facts you need to protect your clients.
The 2017 Webroot Threat Report provides a uniquely insightful global view into the analysis and discoveries made by the Webroot® Threat Intelligence Platform to provide insights on key trends and risks as seen by our users.

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now