We have a few companies that all use the same Exchange setup. Right now I am in the process of setting up a second Front-End Exchange server that will be used for the larger of the companies. I wasn't able to find a good solid best practice scenario for some of my questions, so I wanted to see what the expert's opinions were:
1) Is there any potential problem with having 2 Front-End Exchange servers pointing to the same back-end?
2) Does the computer name on our domain have to be the same as the public A record? If I have it as FEMailServer on the domain & exchange.domain.com on the public internet. Also, I want to get an SSL certificate registered in that name too.
3) I want to put it behind my firewall completely, so I need to know what ports I need open to the world. I plan on doing the following:
- Exchange ActiveSync
- RPC over HTTPS
- What other options are there? =)
4) Are there any articles on other best-practices to consider when implementing a new one?
5) I want to create an SMTP connector in our Exchange Manager to take all email that is coming from a list of domains & send it through the bridgehead of my new FE Exchange Server & then out to our managed security service. I know how to build the generic portion of the SMTP Connector, but how would I specify only to allow for the certain domains going out it.
Thanks for your help