I've recently taken on a role as an admin for a company that has just transfered from Outlook to Lotus Notes. I've had no previous experience with notes before now so don't know a whole lot about the program and am learning as I go.
Two users needed access to a mailbox set aside for the receiving of certain information, so I've created a mail database for their use. Everything works just fine, they can both access the inbox and send/receive mail just fine.
The problem is that any mail sent from that inbox appears to have been sent from my name, not theirs. I reasoned this was because I had created the database, so I looked for a way to change this.
I changed the Owners under Administration in the Mail-In Database options from myself to the two users who would be using the database with no problems, but it made no difference, so I opened the database and changed the owner under 'More, Preferences' to one of the two users, figuring this way the emails would send from him. I got the following error message:
Object variable not set
On Module: CLICK
On Line: 30
On Method: CLICK
However, when going back into the preferences, the name had successfully changed, and upon sending a test email, it appeared to be sending from the correct user. Unfortunately the change did not follow through to the two users, and any emails they sent were still showing as from me. Upon restarting Notes, I found that the change did not carry through for me either.
I tried changing the owner through my own Notes client, through the Admin client, and through the Admin client running off the server, logged in as Administrator. They all gave the same error message and had the same result.
Not really aware of the complexity of this problem, so I'm happy to increase points if this is something difficult :).