I inherited a new server yesterday and no matter what I do I cannot connect to it via RDP. Here is what I have done:
1) Turned on remote desktop added my account to the allowed users group
2) Dropped the MS firewall
3) It says it is started but when I do a portscan from a machine in the same subnet port 3389 is down
4) From the command line: telnet 127.0.0.1 3389 I get a cannot connect error
5) I checked in the registry and RDP port is still set to port 3389
6) RDP works on other machines in the same subnet so I know it is not a network firewall issue.
I am pulling my hair out with this, if anybody could help it would be appreciated.