BE server service fails to start (hangs) after installation of hotfix

Posted on 2008-01-24
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2013-12-01
After LiveUpdate installed a hotfix on the BAckup Exec server, the system was rebooted. After reboot the BE Server service fails to start.
The application log contains the following entry:
Faulting application beserver.exe, version 11.0.7170.27, faulting module mscoree.dll, version 2.0.50727.832, fault address 0x000302da.

and the system log:

Application popup: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library : Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\beserver.exe

Any ideas?

To circumvent the problem I installed BE on another server and tried to move the BE database etc from the old server using http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/288640. This did not work. Also on the new server BE server will not start. After uninstalling BE and installing it again on the new server but without using the old BE database everything is OK, but now I miss my cataloges, media sett information,  tape library configuration, etc.

Anyone able to help me getting BE to work again, or to move the catalogues and other information to the new server in a different way?
Question by:kogeler

Accepted Solution

kogeler earned 0 total points
ID: 20898409
pls close
no one even viewed the question.
I got the solution elsewhere

Expert Comment

ID: 20975988
What was the solution? I've got a similiar issue...


Expert Comment

ID: 21364454
I also would like to know how this problem was resolved. What was your solution?

Author Comment

ID: 21365795
I posted the solution at: https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=be11dOther&thread.id=1691. Later I had a similar problem (same symptoms), after a update of .Net.  After .Net was removed and reinstalled, it worked again.

Expert Comment

ID: 23818455
I had the same problem and was able to resolve it using this link:  In summary set Outlook as the default mail client.


Featured Post

Never miss a deadline with monday.com

The revolutionary project management tool is here!   Plan visually with a single glance and make sure your projects get done.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

The article will include the best Data Recovery Tools along with their Features, Capabilities, and their Download Links. Hope you’ll enjoy it and will choose the one as required by you.
This article shows how to use a free utility called 'Parkdale' to easily test the performance and benchmark any Hard Drive(s) installed in your computer. We also look at RAM Disks and their speed comparisons.
This tutorial will walk an individual through the process of installing of Data Protection Manager on a server running Windows Server 2012 R2, including the prerequisites. Microsoft .Net 3.5 is required. To install this feature, go to Server Manager…
This tutorial will show how to configure a single USB drive with a separate folder for each day of the week. This will allow each of the backups to be kept separate preventing the previous day’s backup from being overwritten. The USB drive must be s…

601 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question