I have inheritted a single DC running Server 2003 that was logging Event ID 1058 and 1030 every five minutes. I did all the troubleshooting I could find searching in the MS and EE KB. After spending what seemed like a couple of years trying in vain to fix it, I had had enough. So, I used dcgpofix to "restore the Group Policy objects to their original state after initial installation". I was able to run it successfully and the 1058 and 1030 events are now gone. However, now every five min I get a 1704 and 1091 IDs. I haven't done anything since running the dcgpofix. I did run the gpotool.exe with the result below. Not sure where to go from here.
Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]
(C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.
C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools>gpotool.exe
Searching for policies...
Found 2 policies
Friendly name: Default Domain Policy
Friendly name: Default Domain Controllers Policy
C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools>